If you want to get the most out of life, learning how to live on the edge from time to time is a good idea. Often times, the best experiences come about from the unplanned, so learn to live in the moment. In addition to spontaneous living, another way that you can live your best life is by going on more adventures. You don’t necessarily have to become an adventure junkie to do so as there are so many different types of trips you could go on and activities to do. If you want to try something on the wild side in 2019, here is the ultimate adventure list.
1.) Dirt Biking
If you enjoy riding bikes, then an adventure to add to your list in 2019 would be dirt biking. Although considered an extreme sport, riding a dirt bike has its perks as it’s a fantastic way to stay fit. Some benefits are that it can increase your heart rate, strength, balance and stimulate your brain. In addition to this, it’s a relatively inexpensive activity which is always an added bonus.
2.) Scuba Diving
For those fascinated with under the sea, why not try your hand in scuba diving? It’s an opportunity to explore the world beneath and see the many species there up close and personal. There are so many amazing destinations all over the world if you choose to do this activity. Here are a few beautiful places to go as a new diver.
- Indonesia- You have likely heard a lot about the vibrant culture in Indonesia, but it’s also a great place to dive. Gili Islands to be exact is filled with warm clear waters and is best to go any time during the year aside from rainy season between November and April.
- Thailand- Another stunning place to scuba dive would be in Ko Tao Thailand. This is one of the few places in the world that you can spot whale sharks as well as tropical fish, reef sharks, and barracuda.
- Honduras-the country of Honduras has a breathtaking Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System. You can also spot whale sharks here during March and April or September to December.
3.) Go to the Mountains
If you can envision yourself taking a selfie at the top of a mountain, then you should consider adventuring up a mountain. You could go hiking or to make it even more fun, take ATVs up instead. The good thing is that you can get ATV loans if you’re worried about the cost of buying one upfront. When you own one of your own, you know that you can go on an adventure with them anytime you want.
Some of the best mountains in the world to travel to are the Matterhorn in Switzerland that stands at 14,620 feet or Vinicunca in Peru that is known as the rainbow mountain. In addition to these, Stetind in Norway which is 4,593 feet above sea level and their national mountain is another nice option to consider.
4.) Zip Lining
If you’ve never been before, think about ziplining as that makes for another fun adventure. Although shorter than climbing up a mountain, it can give you an adrenaline rush and new experience, nevertheless. Below, you’ll find a few places around the world that are ideal for ziplining.
- Arenal Volcano-Located in Costa Rica, this destination is best known for both active volcanoes and zip lining. If the thought of ziplining above a volcano terrifies you, then you may want to try cloud forest of Monteverde, especially if you’re interested in higher cables.
- Haiti-Labadee Haiti is another great destination for ziplining. They have the longest overwater zipline in the world and it will send you zooming 500 feet above the island’s water and beaches.
Alaska -Icy Strait Point in Alaska will give you a different ziplining experience because of how cold it is. Alaska also has some of the best mountain and glacier views in the world which makes it an even more attractive place to go.
For those who want to try an adventure in the cold, snowboarding is one you should do. You could choose to go to a snowboarding resort if you want both fun and relaxation. Some snowboarding resorts are located in Italy, Colorado, France, and California. It’s a chance to tumble in the snow and experience an adrenaline-filled sport in low temperatures. Also, Winter sports, in general, can have immense health benefits such as working out your abs and legs which means that your core lower body is getting a good workout.