These nutritious energy bars blend protein-packed hemp flour with antioxidant-rich goji berries. The cacao nibs add texture while the dates and nuts add that energy filled goodness.
FYI these bars aren’t your typical sweet energy snack. I really like the tartness of goji berries, and the bitterness of cacao nibs, but I know they aren’t to everyone’s taste. If you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth, I’d recommend reducing the number of goji berries and swapping the cacao nibs for 2 tbsp of chocolate chips.
(*makes approx 20 bars)
- 150g dates (blitzed in processor)
- 50g almonds (blitzed in processor)
- 100g oat flour
- 40g hemp flour
- 40g cacao nibs
- 35g goji berries
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp plant milk
- Soak the dried goji berries in warm water for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are well combined and evenly distributed.
- When the goji berries have plumped up, gently mix them into the mixture.
- Once ready, press the mixture firmly into a 20cm square pyrex dish.
- Store in the fridge for one hour.
- Then cut into bars. The mixture should make around 16-20.
Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat. (Will store for 1 week.)
If you enjoyed these, try my no-bake energy bites with peanut butter and dates! The addition of chocolate makes these ideal for everyday energy boosts or as a treat.
Or discover one of my latest recipes: Puffed amaranth, date and pecan energy bars.